In 1935 Mr D S Pringle, an Old Boy himself, entered a partnership with W P Toone, with a view to acting eventually as Mr Toone’s successor. It was also reported this year that electric light had been installed in the cottage and gymnasium and that extensions to the Castle were under construction.
News in 1937 included the fact that miniature rifle shooting had again been introduced on the old shooting range, and also that year electric light was installed throughout the remainder of the school premises. On C P Day in 1937 the Staff and School combined to give a School Wireless Set as their C P Day present.
By 1939 W P Toone had retired and D S Pringle replaced him as Headmaster, the school had 62 pupils.